Located near Cary/Raleigh line in Wake County, NC conveniently off the belt line and Interstate 40.
Apply via ClassReach at: https://solagratiascholegroups.classreach.com/apply.
Be sure to check your spam folder if you don’t get a link back.
Contact the Director at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about specific class space or with any further questions.
Sola Gratia Classical Academy Inc. is continuing to provide excellent classes with exceptional pricing for our coming year! We are a hybrid homeschool group that offers a core two day (a flexible 2.75 days for High School) per week classical curriculum for students in Kindergarten through High School. Some highlights of our community are our limited class sizing, service opportunities weekly for students as part of our virtue formation curriculum, Schole’ lunch performers for students enrichment, learning celebrations throughout the year to punctuate what students are learning, passionate highly qualified “masters of their art” Academic Mentors for each subject, optional monthly field trip opportunities, and Mom events!
Lower Grammar School Upper Grammar School Logic School
K through 3rd Grade 4th through 6th Grade 7th and 8th Grade
Classes on Mondays and Wednesdays Classes Mondays and Wednesdays Classes Mondays and Wednesdays
(2 Full Day 8:30am-3:00pm/32 Weeks) (2 Full Days 8:30am – 3:00pm/32 Weeks) (2 Full Days 8:30am – 3:00pm/33 Weeks)
**HIGH SCHOOL LAUNCH**
9th and 10th Grades
Classes on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays
(2.75 Days Monday/Wednesday 8:30am – 3:00pm and Fridays 8:30am – 1:30pm for 34 weeks)
SGCA High School Mission:
The SGCA high school program exists to cultivate wisdom and virtue in its students in order for them to become leaders and light bearers. We encourage students to live out a Biblical worldview. By means of the liberal arts of dialectic and rhetoric, we prepare students to think well, reason well, and persuade convincingly for the glory of God.
Format and Content:
High School will meet 2.75 days a week on Monday, Wednesday and Friday beginning in August and ending in May for a total of 34 instruction weeks. Fridays will consist of a morning forum, science lab and electives to allow for flexibility. The course load will be six core credits with one elective. Classes will run one to three days per week, depending on the subject, for 55 minutes per class period. Class size will be kept to 12 or less students per grade. The course offerings will be:
- Foreign Language
- Humanities (History/Literature/Writing)
- Biblical Worldview Classes
- Electives (Fine Arts/Theater/PE)
- Senior Thesis
We will launch our 9th and 10th grade simultaneously during the 2019-2020 school year.
Terms of Payment
A registration fee of $200 per student with a maximum of $600 per family, is due upon receipt of your Application and is non-refundable once your family is accepted into our program. Once your deposit is paid and your student(s) are accepted into a class, you are contractually obligated to pay the year’s tuition balance, even if you leave the program mid-semester. Beginning 2019-2020 we will offer 4 different payment plans to choose from! If you would like to split your tuition into two payments, 3 payments or monthly payments, then you may elect to do so with the use of ACH withdrawal (no checks) and an additional fee of $25 per semester for administrative costs added to tuition pricing. Checks for payment in full should be made payable to Sola Gratia Classical Academy Inc. If a family selects a pay in full tuition plan but then changes their mind to a different payment plan, their initial withdrawal will be for all monies due up to that date.
Sola Gratia Classical Academy Inc. does not provide refunds for tuition, and all monies due remain due in the case of student withdrawal, as per the ACH/Financial Agreement parents sign. Commitments have been made to Academic Mentors salaries, building costs, materials/supplies, etc. and therefore, we can not refund monies to families that decide to not continue with our community once their application and deposit has been received, and they are accepted into our community. This applies to both student withdrawals prior to the school’s start or during the course of the academic year. The Director has the ability to consider refunds on a case by case basis, but is under no legal obligation to do so, and will only consider it if a replacement student has been found.
If your student/family is asked to leave the program for any violations in behavior both by student or parent, as well as any violations to our handbook policies, no refunds are given. If a family fails to pay their tuition, their student(s) will be unable to return to SGCA.
If you need assistance with the cost of the program, then you may inquire as to whether there are any open Academic Mentor or Schole’ Coordinator positions available. We pay very competitively with additional benefits offered to Academic Mentors and their students. Please contact the Director at email@example.com if interested.
Beginning January 1st currently enrolled students will be able to re-register to secure their place for the following school year. Registration will then be open to families outside of the community on February 1st.
We currently have an opening for a Financial Coordinator
This position would be for Monday and Wednesday from 8:30am -1:00pm. Compensation is $15 per hour. Flexibility for summer hours and working from home capability.
- Experience/degree in accounting/finance/bookkeeping and basic budgeting.
- Proficient in Google Sheets/Docs (formulas etc., helpful).
- Strong professional communication skills
- Ability to handle a variety of personality types and work well with families and internal employees
- Experience in a classical education setting helpful but not necessary.
- Weekly entry of payroll through Paychex. Printing out weekly time cards and ensuring any changes are approved prior to paying employees. Ensuring timecards are signed for each employee prior to paying.
- Inputting expenses via online Quickbooks program monthly. Tracking categories via Quickbooks for budgeting purposes.
- Monthly bank statement reconciliation and budget tracking.
- Invoicing tuition, and any other provided services/goods to the community such as school clubs and math curriculum we own the rights to, and posting payments/credits.
- Entering ACH withdrawals from March-January, and communicating with families over matters/questions pertaining to tuition agreements. Managing tuition agreements for students/families.
- Monthly reconciliation of bank statements.
- Learn how to navigate ClassReach, our learning management system for assisting with summer input of classes/students/teachers as academic year change overs occur and changes within the academic year occur, such as withdrawals or late additions, etc.
- Assisting with W2s and 1099s at the end of the year in December. Informing employees how to access them and printing as needed.
- Printing out math books each summer for the various classes in grades 4-6.
- Onboarding new hires in the summer and removing leaving teachers. Ensuring new employees have the completed paperwork required for adding them to payroll. Things such as application, signed teaching agreement, W4, I-9, voided checks, background check, setting up in Paychex (our payroll provider), etc.
- Flexibility and willingness to help with other administration duties that may arise in a given day/week while on campus, such as assisting with lunch period student supervision in the lunchroom or playground area, contacting parents for a sick child, securing a supply for a teacher, greeting visitors etc.
- Ability to keep information confidential when working in a hybrid school-like administration capacity.
Some aspects of this job are seasonal. Understanding that not all these job duties are done on a weekly basis. The responsibilities that are year round are Payroll, Quickbooks entry, monthly reconciliation of bank statements, on campus support, and some ClassReach help.
If you are interested in learning more or applying – please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in teaching at SGCA, all Academic Mentors will be given priority for student openings at SGCA. Pay is very competitive. Specific openings will begin posting in January.
You can find SGCA listed on www.homeschoolmom.com!